When you are tired, your joints ache, and you feel discouraged from arthritis, an exercise regimen may be the last thing on your mind. However, the American Arthritis Foundation claims those who suffer from arthritis desperately need exercise “to ease pain and improve energy level.”
The training exercise is both safe and effective for managing symptoms of arthritis.
1. Holding a dumbbell in each hand with arms at sides, stand upright with shoulders back and lifted.
2. Step up onto stability box or a step. Securely plant both feet on top of the box.
3. Keep elbows anchored to ribs and curl the right dumbbell to chest. Alternate right then left.
4. Carefully, Step backward onto the floor and repeat the exercise movements
* Alternate floor option: If you do not have access to a step or stability box or feel unbalanced, stand with both feet on the floor and lift one knee and then the other waist high.