In the interest of public health and safety due to COVID-19, residents requesting a 2020 utility tax rebate should complete the process by mail or email between April 1 and June 30, 2020. Wentzville City Hall is currently closed to the public. As a result, residents wishing to apply for the rebate in person, at City Hall, can set up an appointment starting May 4.
Resident eligibility criteria:
● You must rent or own your primary residence in the City of Wentzville
● You must be at least 65 years old or considered totally disabled by Social Security
● You must have an annual adjusted gross income of $45,550 or less for a single household or $52,050 or less for a married (two-person) household
Residents will need to provide the following:
● Photo ID or Social Security card
● Proof of Income (Tax form 1010, 1099, or Social Security Statement)
● Proof of Residency (Utility Bill or ID)
● Proof of Age and/or Disability (Social Security Statement)
● Municipal tax reports (see below) or copies of 2019 gas and electric bills
The refund amount is a portion of the “City Tax” or “Franchise Tax” listed on your electric, gas and phone bills for 2019. You may be able to contact your local utilities to request a report.
Ameren UE: Request the “Municipal Tax Report” for 2019 by calling (314) 342-1111.
Spire (Laclede): Request the “Municipal Tax Report” for 2019 by calling (314) 621-6960.
Cuivre River: Request the “Wentzville City Tax Report” for 2019 by calling (800) 392-3709.
The City of Wentzville is waiving confirmation and proof of utility tax on phone bills for residents who qualify. The City will issue $1 per month, for a total of $12, for the phone bill portion of the rebate.
To apply for a City utility tax rebate, please use one of these methods:
● Email: Email the required documentation to email@example.com
● Mail: Mail the required documentation to: Utility Tax Rebate, City of Wentzville, 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd., Wentzville, MO 63385
● In-Person, By Appointment Only (starting May 4): Call (636) 639-2155 to schedule an appointment at Wentzville City Hall located at 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd.
Please include your phone number on all rebate items emailed or mailed so City staff can contact you, if necessary. Please call (636) 639-2155 if you have questions or would like to check your eligibility.