Dates have been set for the Wentzville School District’s kindergarten registration/screening process. This event is for all children who will turn five BEFORE August 1, 2020. If your child has not been screened at the Parents as Teachers office or his/her preschool this year, appointments are required and can be made online starting December 20, 2019. Screening appointments are filled on a first come, first served basis. While every effort will be made to accommodate you during your child’s elementary school date, it is a possibility that you may have to have a screening on another school’s date. Please be sure to check your address with the District’s Boundary Locator tool to determine which school your child will attend prior to scheduling a screening appointment or registering your child for kindergarten. The District has approved new elementary boundaries for the 2020-2021 school year.
All registration/screenings will take place at the Parents as Teachers Office at One Campus Drive, Wentzville, MO 63385. If your child has already been screened, you will still need to register your child for kindergarten on their school’s registration date at the Parents as Teachers Office. However, you will not need to schedule a time to register, as it is only necessary to schedule screening appointments. Registration is open from 9:00-11:30 a.m. and 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Registration/screening dates are as follows:
• Boone Trail, Tuesday, January 28, 2020
• Crossroads, Wednesday, February 12, 2020
• Discovery Ridge, Thursday, January 30, 2020
• Duello, Tuesday, February 11, 2020
• Green Tree, Tuesday, February 25, 2020
• Heritage, Thursday, February 6, 2020
• Lakeview, Tuesday, February 18, 2020
• Peine Ridge, Tuesday, February 4, 2020
• Prairie View, Wednesday, February 26, 2020
• Stone Creek, Thursday, February 20, 2020
• Wabash, Wednesday, January 22, 2020
• NEW School: Tuesday, March 3, 2020
The day of the screening/registration parents should bring:
• The child to be screened;
• Two proofs of residency:
- Signed Lease Agreement (verify dates are valid), closing document for new home purchase (settlement statement), or most recent real estate property tax statement; and
- Current utility bill, cable bill, official mail from federal, state, county and city agencies, most recent personal property tax paid receipt, new driver’s license (issued after March 2013), or voter registration;
• Child’s most current immunization records (doctor’s records, doctor verified form, etc.);
• Official copy of child’s birth certificate (requested but not required);
• Parent’s driver’s license or photo identification (requested but not required);
• Documentation regarding legal guardianship (must be court ordered guardianship, limited guardianship, or power of attorney including power and authority regarding the care, custody, and property of each minor child named, including, but not limited to; the right to enroll the child in school), or foster care placement (required if applicable); and
• Most recent Individual Education Plan (IEP) and evaluation if the student receives special education services (this information will be requested from the previous school, but please provide a copy at the time of enrollment, if possible).
If you do not have a Missouri birth certificate, you may obtain one at a cost of $15 from the St. Charles County Community Health/Environment-Vital Statistics Office, 1650 Boone’s Lick, St. Charles, MO 63301-2245, or by calling (636) 949-7400 for more information.