1. The Timing of a Heating and Cooling Installation Can Dictate How Much You Pay: Tax Refund Season Falls in a Slow Time of the Year for Heating and Cooling Installation Companies. For homeowners with older heating systems who are proactive about home improvement, tax refund season presents an opportune time to lower your HVAC system cost. Starting in late February, throughout March and into April usually brings very mild weather throughout the Midwest. Mild weather decreases the demand for repair services which directly impact the demand of HVAC installation service. When demand is down, so is the cost the consumer usually pays. From a timing perspective, it does not get any better for the consumer. Please note, while demand does impact pricing, it is not drastic. Most ethical heating and air conditioning companies will not fluctuate their pricing more than 10% throughout the year. But 10% can add up to a lot when you are considering an investment in the thousands of dollars.
2. A Central Air Installation on a New High Efficiency System Will Save You Money On Energy Bills: How many times have you bought something with a tax refund, only to barely use it, lose it, or regret it? What if you actually put that extra income into something that will not only make you feel more comfortable inside your home, but save you money on energy bills in the process? If your current HVAC is just five years old, it is probably outdated. Many of the new baseline split system models are more energy efficient than the high end models a decade ago. What that means to you is that if you currently have an HVAC system fifteen years or older, there is a great chance that you are paying 20-30% more in energy bills than you could be with a new high efficiency HVAC system.
3. Many HVAC Installation Companies Offer Financing on New HVAC Systems: Even in the event your refund does not fully cover the cost of a heating system installation, many HVAC installers now offer a variety of competitive financing options. This can help alleviate any out of pocket costs related to having a system installed. Worried about a bad credit score preventing you from financing? In a lot of cases, heating and cooling companies will have a financing option for low credit scores. Do not be afraid to ask about your financing options as this payment method is very common.
4. Bundling Your Heating and Cooling Installation Will Save You Money: It makes perfect sense. If you are going to hire an HVAC install team to come out and install a new HVAC system, why pay them only to replace your furnace if you know you’ll eventually be upgrading your air conditioning system. If you are paying for the time it takes them to set up the install, you might as well knock out both. Many of the new incentives help consumers save on full system installations.
5. Repair Cost on Older Central Air Conditioning Systems are Skyrocketing: Government only allows manufacturers to produce smaller amounts every year of the old refrigerant (R-22) which is causing the cost to rise for contractors to purchase. Also, some manufacturers stop making certain parts or reduce production of certain parts due to the age equipment and not wanting to be stuck with access parts.