Dates have been set for the Wentzville School District’s kindergarten registration/screening process. This event is for all children who will turn five BEFORE August 1, 2018. If your child has not been screened at the Parents as Teachers office or his/her preschool this year, appointments are required and can be made by contacting the Parents as Teachers office at 327-3863, ext. 22281. Screening appointments are filled on a first come, first served basis. While every effort will be made to accommodate you during your child’s elementary school date, it is a possibility that you may have to have a screening on another day. Your child’s completed records will ultimately be transferred to the school your child is slated to attend. All registration/screenings will take place at One Campus Drive, Wentzville, MO 63385. Registration/screening dates are as follows:
- Wednesday, January 31, 2018 for students who will attend Boone Trail
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018 for students who will attend Crossroads
- Thursday, February 1, 2018 for students who will attend Discovery Ridge
- Thursday, February 8, 2018 for students who will attend Duello
- Monday, February 26, 2018 for students who will attend Green Tree
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 for students who will attend Heritage
- Tuesday, February 20, 2018 for students who will attend Lakeview
- Monday, February 5, 2018 for students who will attend Peine Ridge
- Wednesday, February 28, 2018 for students who will attend Prairie View
- Wednesday, February 21, 2018 for students who will attend Stone Creek
- Tuesday, January 30, 2018 for students who will attend Wabash
If you have any questions about which school your child will attend, you can use the locator tool on the WSD website. (PLEASE NOTE: students who will be in grades K-6 who live in the Briarchase, Sommers Landing and Belmonte Landing subdivisions in Lake Saint Louis will go to Prairie View Elementary beginning in the 2018-19 school year).
The day of the screening/registration parents should bring:
- The child to be screened;
- Two proofs of residency:
- Signed Lease Agreement (verify dates are valid), Closing Document for new home purchase (settlement statement), or most recent Real Estate Property Tax Statement; and
- Current utility bill, cable bill, official mail from federal or state agency, or most recent personal property tax paid receipt;
- Child’s most current immunization records (doctor’s records, doctor verified form, etc.);
- Official copy of child’s birth certificate (requested but not required);
- Parent’s driver’s license or photo identification (requested but not required);
- Parenting plan or custody agreement (if applicable);
- Documentation regarding legal guardianship (must be court ordered guardianship or limited guardianship, not power of attorney) or foster care placement (required if applicable).
If you do not have a Missouri birth certificate, you may obtain one at a cost of $15 from the St. Charles County Community Health/Environment-Vital Statistics Office, 1650 Boone’s Lick, St. Charles, MO 63301-2245, or by calling (636) 949-7400 for more information. You may also visit them on the web at http://www.sccmo.org.